Saturday 25 June 2016

Book Review | Darren Shan | Vampire Mountain

Vampire Mountain



Author: Darren Shan
Title: Vampire Mountain
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Paranormal, Vampires, Horror, Fiction, Adventure, Supernatural, Urban Fantasy, Teen
Series: The Saga Of Darren Shan, Cirque Du Freak
Pages: 208
Price: £6.99

Started:
12th June 2016
Finished: 25th June 2016

Synopsis:
In the fourth book of the best selling Cirque Du Freak series, Darren Shan and Mr. Crepsley embark on a dangerous trek to the very heart of the vampire world. But they face more than the cold on vampire mountain - the vampaneze have been there before them. Will a meeting with the vampire princes restore Darren's human side or turn him further towards the darkness? Only one thing is certain - Darren's initiation into the clan is more deadly than he can ever have imagined. 

Review: 
This is the fourth book in the Cirque Du Freak series. I bought all twelve of the books in the Cirque Du Freak series at a local second hand shop. These books cost 99p and come on a buy one get one free offer. I really enjoyed this book and have high hopes for the rest of the series. It did take me a while to get into this book as the start was quite slow but once I did I found that I could not put the book down. As I mentioned at first the book started a bit slow but as the action picked up I found myself getting lost in this book. Whilst reading this book I felt like I was a part of this story and like I was actually experiencing the events and not just reading about what was happening. In my opinion it is the sign of a good book when the reader feels like they are living the story and not reading it. I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in young adult and paranormal stories. In the near future I plan to buy these books brand new and donate the used ones to a second hand shop so that someone else can experience the brilliance of Darren Shan. 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment