Sunday 20 November 2016

Book Review | J.K. Rowling | The Tales Of Beedle The Bard

The Tales of Beedle the Bard


Author: J.K. Rowling
Title: The Tales Of Beedle The Bard
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Fiction, Short Stories, Children, Magic, Fairy Tales, Middle Grade, Science Fiction, British Literature
Pages: 105
Price: £5.59

Started: 19th November 2016
Finished: 20th November 2016

Synopsis: The Tales Of Beedle The Bard contains five richly diverse fairy tales, each with its own magical character, that will variously bring delight, laughter and the thrill of mortal peril. Additional notes for each story penned by Albus Dumbledore will be enjoyed by muggles and wizards alike, as the professor muses on the morals illuminated by the tales, and reveals snippets of information about life at Hogwarts. A uniquely magical volume, with illustrations by the author, J.K. Rowling, that will be treasured for years to come.  

Review: I bought this book at a second hand store. This price was 99p and comes on a "buy one get one free" offer. Money spent at this store gets donated to the Barnardos Children Charity. I have plans to buy this book brand new along with fantastic beasts and where to find them and quidditch through the ages. When I have this book brand new then I will donate the used copy back to the store for someone else to pick up and enjoy. As a major fan of Harry Potter I was excited to add this book to my collection and read it. It is my aim to have the full Harry Potter collection on my shelves including the illustrated editions and the vault books. I did enjoy this collection of short stories but I prefer more action in the stories that I read. These books were aimed at a younger audience (or a young at heart audience), however I highly recommend these books to any fan of the Harry Potter series. 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

** The only reason I did not give this book a 5 star rating is because of the lack of action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment